Well, the new site is not going to get traction. To my surprise there are too many sites with the same or similar name!
So, there is going to be a change in the status quo. I am going to convert this site, my original one, over to my new format. That was my original plan, but I was concerned about making things too messy for my readers. I have decided that sometimes it is better to go with one’s original plan despite the risks.
So to that end, I am converting this site. It will have a slightly different look and some notable changes as I explained before.
Those changes are as follows:
1) I will no longer be listing or reporting audio gear and those will be taken down. By now everyone knows what is available and of course what their budget is. There is also a change in the economic wind in a negative direction, so it will become pointless anyway pretty soon. In place of that though I will list and review the gear I use for the curious at some point.
2) There will no longer be articles about “audiophile philosophy” or “this format verses that”, etc. They will also be taken down. Those things do not fit the new focus.
3) Album reviews will of course remain in importance but done a little differently. I will no longer use a rating system and the core focus of the reviews will be the so-called “message” or how the music makes me feel, etc. That way I do not sway your opinion by rating the sound or music (ratings are also opinions anyway) and then you can see what you get out of the music should you choose to listen to any album I talk about for yourself.
4) There will be articles about music, mindfulness, how music affects us as humans, etc.
5) There will be selected articles about particular artists
6) I will also keep the “how to” articles and such because after all, we must take care of our music and playback gear.
Of course, I will re-write my mission statement and About page.
This site may be down for a day or two as changes are made, other wise perhaps you will see the metamorphoses as it happens, so please excuse the mess until things are dialed in….it won’t be too bad.